Here are the main points from the February meeting:
- Kate Darrah gave a short presentation on the work of the Ridge, and her plans for temporary use of the old Empire Cinema site.
- Councillor Norman Hampshire talked about the difficulty of arriving at and agreed ELC budget in the face of reduced funding from Holyrood. The Area Partnerships are likely to lose their Educational Attainment funding this year.
- Many town maintenance issues have been reported to ELC for action.
- Planning for this year’s Civic Week has started and will feature the 650th anniversary of the Royal Charter as its main theme.
- The town’s Mercat Cross is being assessed for some renovation.
- Many planning matters were discussed.