Aikengall II Community Wind Company Ltd has offered to transfer funds to Dunbar Community Council in bi-annual instalments. The amounts to be transferred are based on the wattage of the installed capacity and currently amount to £50,000 per year. These funds will be used to promote, advance and further the following:
• the advancement of education
• the advancement of citizenship or community development
• the advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science
• the advancement of public participation in sport
• the provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities, including fete, gala or annual organised festivals, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended
• the advancement of environmental protection or improvement.
• the advancement of energy saving, decarbonisation or renewable energy for groups or individuals.
• the provision of basic financial support to help people to develop the confidence and skills needed to gain employment or start a business.
• Funds shall not be used for political or religious purposes, nor for hospitality, nor for the payment of salaries for any individual within the Recipient
• The provision of community facilities or community buildings for the local Community Area.
The Community Council shall only provide 50% of their annual fund for Major, Single projects or requests (major being defined as a request of great than £2500), with the remaining 50% being used to small scale, minor or individuals’ projects or requests.
A PDF of the application form can be downloaded from here. A Word version can be provided on request to the Treasurer, Dunbar Community Council at firstname.lastname@example.org