Here are the main points from the September meeting:
- The Dunbar Community Police Officer PC Gavin Ross is moving to a new appointment at the National Wildlife Crime Unit. PC Jenni Stewart has also moved on. PC Chris Hutchison is the replacement.
- Councillor Hampshire reported that ELC faces a large deficit due to Covid
- There are still many outstanding town maintenance issues. These include damaged drain covers, overhanging vegetation, faulty lighting,
- Lack of proper signage in some of the new estates has been reported to ELC
- Awards from the Local Priorities Fund this month include: £500 to Dunbar United FC, £246 to Dunbar Junior Hockey Club, £93.60 to John Muir Birthplace.
- Covid Resilience Volunteers are still on standby in case needed for a second spike.
- There are some road layout initiatives as part of “Spaces for People” planning
- In a separate briefing some information was provided on the proposed Care Home provision at Dunbear Park.