The main points from the September meeting are as follows:
- Martin Whitfield MP attended the meeting as a guest.. He was briefed on a number of local issues, including the planning process and the fact that the Scottish Government Reporter can overturn local decisions. Also, local infrastructure rarely keeps up with new housing developments, and ELC like many local councils struggles to maintain services in the face of continued cuts.
- ELC are considering up front funding to unlock the commercial sites behind ASDA.
- A number of town maintenance issues have been notified to ELC.
- Local issues raised by Hallhill TRA were discussed. In particular, the length of time to get roads adopted and the affect this has on signage etc.
- Plans are well advanced for the Christmas Lights put up and switch on.
- Following a meeting with ELC Roads, links are now available on this website for members of the public to report road defects directly.