Here are some of the main points from the May meeting;
- Police have reported a number of instances of anti-social behaviour amongst youths, and some thefts from premises.
- Many town maintenance issues have been reported to ELC.
- Funding is being sought for a new granite panel on the War Memorial.
- The High Street painting project is now complete. Additional funding is being sought for repairs to the Corn Exchange which is used for storage of Chrismas lights and other items.
- A 76 day construction program for the East Beach Groyne and Souther breakwater is ecpected to commence in August.
- Viridor have reported that low grade orange bag medical waste will be coming to their site by road.
- Work has started on the new station platform.