Here are the main points from the July meeting:
- Councillor Sue Kempson congratulated Dunbar on successful recent events which include the DCC Awards, Civic Week and the Yeomanry parade.
- There are many outstanding town maintenance issues which have been reported to ELC. the length of time taken for these to be rectified is of concern and will be taken up with ELC.
- Several new applications for Local Priorities awards have been aproved.
- The Christmas Lights team are seeking funding to repair electrics and plumbing in the Corn Exchange.
- Dunbar East Beach: tenders are being evaluated for work on a restored groyne and Southern breakwater.
- Work has started on the new platform at Dunbar Rail Station. Around 21 parking spaces will be lost in the car park during the duration of the project.
- East Lothian Council will conduct a survey of local opinion about the 20 mph trial.
- Many working groups and local meetings have been attended by DCC members.
You can download the minutes from here: