Here are the main points from the October meeting:
- The present incumbents were confirmed in the following appointments: Chair (Stephen Bunyan), Vice Chair (George Robertson), Secretary (Jacquie Bell), and Treasurer (Alasdair Swan). Stephen Bunyan indicated that he would stand down as Chair in a year’s time.
- There was a presentation by Peter Murray and Alison MacDonald on future plans for Belhaven Hospital. Some members of the public were present for this item. There is a commitment to build a new facility in the long term.
- The Christmas Lights team are working hard towards a put-up date of 5th November, and a switch on date of 26th November.
- So far, there have been no volunteers to take over as coordinator of Civic Week, or for the vacancy on DCC.
- A number of town maintenance issues and planning issues were discussed.