The Main points from the December 2016 meeting were as follows:
- Proposed Commemorative Plaque for Jimmy Bain: The DCC was fully supportive of a proposal to commemorate the life of Jimmy Bain, a famous Rock guitarist who grew up in Dunbar.
- Police Report: there are ongoing problems with anti social behaviour and petty theft involving young people.
- Local Development Plan: Council officers were now working through objections, and the plan should be ready for adoption in early 2018.
- Corn Exchange: following a meeting with ELC Councillors and officials, it is hoped that the Corn Exchange could be made wind and watertight as a permanent storage area for Christmas Lights and other amentity services.
- High Street: improvements funded by the Local Area Partnership are now complete.
- Bear Sculpture: Hallhill Developments are proposing to erect a Bear Sculpture on their land near the A1.