Here are the main points from the August meeting:
- Dunbar Against Litter: Romie Blair and Jane Handley gave a presentation about the work of “Dunbar against Litter”. The group of volunteers has grown to 600, and the team were commended for their efforts.
- War Memorial: the first phase of renovation is now complete. Upgrading of the setting will follow in September.
- Armistice Centenary: plans are progressing to mark the centenary with special events.
- 20 mph Trial: this has now commenced, with 20 mph now enforceable throughout the town North of the railway line.
- DCC Vacancies: the two vacancies have now been advertised and there have been a number of expressions of interest.
- Planning: numerous planning issues were discussed.
- Next Meeting: the next meeting will be on 15th October.