The main points from the January Committee meeting are summarised below:
- Isobel Knox has stepped down from the Community Council due to other commitments.
- Dr Liz Hare gave a presentation seeking support for the re-introduction of public drinking water fountains.
- Christmas Lights: substantial funding will be needed this year to continue with the maintenance program and to replace steel wires across the high street and associated junction boxes. The DCC is unable to fund the shortfall without further assistance, and has offered help for further fundraising.
- Police Report: this highlighted a number of anti social behaviour occurrences and many instances of minor theft.
- Financial Report: 15 projects were supported this year with grants totalling £8527.
- 20 mph limit: a draft public opinion survey is under consideration.