East Lothian Area Partnerships are pleased to announce the launch of a new database for events and places to visit in East Lothian:
This web address will divert seamlessly to our new customised home page on “The List”.
The List is a nationwide events database and is based in Edinburgh. As part of our contract with them, they have agreed to accept all East Lothian events whether large or small, provided all new postings are made via the whatsoneastlothian home page. They will moderate all postings on our behalf, so there are no ongoing maintenance or administration tasks for us to do. New postings take about 3 days before being cleared by a moderator on The List. This service is entirely free to the user. Our home page is scaleable, and will adjust automatically to the screen size whether viewed on a PC or a smartphone.
It is essential that all event organisers in the County are encouraged to post their events here. In that way, whatsoneastlothian.com will become a one-stop shop for all events in the County, for both locals and visitors.
Using the site is intuitive, however, there is a youtube video which explains step by step how to use the site both for searches and for new postings.
DCC Draft minutes August 2016
The main points from the Dunbar Community Council Meeting held on 15 August 2016 were as follows:
- Steel wires across Dunbar Hight Street to support Christmas lights will shortly be replaced. Work will commence on 29 August and will require closure of the High Street.
- There have been reports of youungsters indulging in dangerous “tombstoning” from the Castle rocks into the harbour mouth. Police have intervened on occasions.
- Quotations will be sought for installing a concrete groyne and the “mattressing” of the exposed sewage pipe in an effort to restore sand to East Beach.
- Concern was expressed at the possibility of reduced services at Belhaven Hospital.
- Quotations are being sought to clean and restore Dunbar War Memorial.
- There will be a re-enactment of the Battle of Dunbar on 17/18 September.
DCC draft Minutes July 2016
The Main points from the July Community Council Meeting are as follows:
- Dunbar Civic Week had been a success.
- The balance of the General Fund stands at £8697.74
- Continuing concerns re proposed development at Beveridge Row.
- Plans are being made for an October visit to Lignieres.
- The 20 mph survey is now complete, and a report will be submitted to ELC.
- Restoration of the Dunbar War Memorial is to be investigated.
- Concern at the proposed closure of Ward 2 at Belhaven Hospital.
DCC Draft Minutes May 2016
Here are the main points covered at the Dunbar Community Council Meeting on 16 May 2016:
- Civic Week Program: is on schedule with about 30 events in the planned.
- Christmas Lights: there are still some concerns over future infrastructure funding.
- Police Report: there are still concerns about youth anti social behaviour, shoplifting, and speeding in 20 mph zones.
- Dunbar East Beach: there are plans in place for re-profiling of the exposed sewage pipe, and re-instatement of the Groyne.
- 20 mph Survey: an on-line and paper survey is taking place to canvass local opinion for a 20 mph are North of the railway line.
- Dunbar High Street Condition. There are concerns over the condition and cleanliness of High Street buildings and pavements.
The main points from the April DCC meeting are as follows:
- Stephen Bunyan presented new Army Cadet Colours on behalf of the Dunbar Community Council and Dunbar Rotary Club
- Christmas Lights: there will be a full display this year, and fund raising is going well.
- Police Report: this highlighted incidents of minor theft and anti social behaviour
- 20 MPH limit: a public meeting will be held in Dunbar Grammar School on 21 June.
- Local Area Partnership: is looking to upgrade the first section of the John Muir Way.
DCC Draft minutes April 2016
The main points from the March Committee meeting were as follows:
- A comprehensive police report highlighted Road Safety, Anti-social behaviour and theft issues.
- Twinning links: there will be a possible visit to Lignieres in October.
- East Beach: discussions are ongoing about improvements to Dunbar East Beach.
- Bear Statue: discussions are ongoing with Hallhill Developments re the best location for the proposed Bear Statue. The DCC’s preferred location is Winterfield Park to provide a focus after demolition of the Pavilion.
- Sea Cadets: a £500 contribution was agreed towards the cost of a new sailing dinghy.
DCC Minutes March 2016
The main points from the February meeting are summarised below:
- Mr Gordon Millar, Chair of Friends of Winterfield, gave an update on the work of the group, with plans for future landscaping and development.
- A large sculpture of a bear, a symbol of the John Muir connection with the town, is being funded by Hallhill Developments. There were lengthy discussions about possible locations.
- A fundraising quiz night for Christmas lights will be held at the Dunbar Bowling Club on 11th March.
- A Local Area Partnership public meeting is to be held on 10th March.
DCC Minute february 2016
Grants of up to £1500 are available to help community groups improve, maintain and promote their local community paths.
Paths for All
The main points from the January Committee meeting are summarised below:
- Isobel Knox has stepped down from the Community Council due to other commitments.
- Dr Liz Hare gave a presentation seeking support for the re-introduction of public drinking water fountains.
- Christmas Lights: substantial funding will be needed this year to continue with the maintenance program and to replace steel wires across the high street and associated junction boxes. The DCC is unable to fund the shortfall without further assistance, and has offered help for further fundraising.
- Police Report: this highlighted a number of anti social behaviour occurrences and many instances of minor theft.
- Financial Report: 15 projects were supported this year with grants totalling £8527.
- 20 mph limit: a draft public opinion survey is under consideration.
DCC January 2016 Draft Minutes January 2016