The main points from the March meeting are summarised below.
- Representatives from Scottish Water gave a presentation on the proposed upgrade of a sewage pipe on the Souther part of Dunbar’s East Beach. The Council sought reassurance that this would not result in erosion of beach material.
- Three potential candidates for the two vacant DCC positions each gave short presentations. A final decision will be deferred until after the May ELC elections.
- The police report highlights a continuing problem of youth anti social behaviour in the town.
- There was detailed discussion on many outstanding planning applications in the town.
- Dunbar Trades Association are planning to erect hanging baskets outside High Street shops, and will make suitable arrangements for ongoing maintenance.