Here are the main points for the April Meeting:
- Congratulations were offered to Maria Lyle, silver medallist in the Commonwealth Games.
- Police reports a number of high value shoplifting events. 19 charges have been made and the main culprit held in custody.
- Civic Week plans are progressing well.
- War Memorial Restoration: a number of grant applications are in progress, and £1000 has been made available from the DCC Local Priorities Fund.
- High Street Painting: DCC Councillor Graham Adams is making good progress on painting High Street Tenements using money fro The Area Partnership supplemented by crowdfunding.
- Transport Strategy Consultation: Councillor Hampshire encouraged attendance at the upcoming public meeting. There is much local opposition to any possible High Street Parking charges.
- Many local maintenance issues have been reported to ELC.