The main points from the Dunbar Community Council Meeting held on 15 August 2016 were as follows:
- Steel wires across Dunbar Hight Street to support Christmas lights will shortly be replaced. Work will commence on 29 August and will require closure of the High Street.
- There have been reports of youungsters indulging in dangerous “tombstoning” from the Castle rocks into the harbour mouth. Police have intervened on occasions.
- Quotations will be sought for installing a concrete groyne and the “mattressing” of the exposed sewage pipe in an effort to restore sand to East Beach.
- Concern was expressed at the possibility of reduced services at Belhaven Hospital.
- Quotations are being sought to clean and restore Dunbar War Memorial.
- There will be a re-enactment of the Battle of Dunbar on 17/18 September.