Here are the main points from the May meeting. For the first time in over two years, the meeting was held face to face in the Council Chambers in Dunbar Town House.
- Members paid tribute to the work of the late Herbert Coutts who had served on the Community Council since 2007.
- DCC will support the proposal for a short term lets licensing scheme in Dunbar to be in effect by 1st October 2022.
- Following the May elections, the new administration for ELC Councillors is being formed.
- There are concerns over response times from some ELC departments. This is due to some staff still working from home and some staff vacancies.
- The 20 mph Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) for Dunbar is currently under consultation and includes a proposal to continue the 20 mph restriction along the main arterial route through the town. Any objections must be received by ELC by 27th May.
- The Eastern Link Proposals by SP Energy Networks were discussed. Local accommodation will be required for the large workforce.
The full minutes can be downloaded from here: